06 March 2010

Tomas Travel is Not a Blog?!?

What is a Blog?

This is a question I was asking myself last night. The reason for this is that this ... blog is NOT a blog and has been rejected as such by BlogCatalog.

I did a search to find the answer to the above question (Google knows everything :)) and I found number of answers and explanations, well thousands to be precise. Here is one I think does explanation very well:

"a blog is a type of website that is usually arranged in chronological order from the most recent ‘post’ (or entry) at the top of the main page to the older entries towards the bottom."

and another one

"From “Web log.” A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is “blogging” and someone who keeps a blog is a “blogger“."

I found them on Problogger.Net and the full article can be found here.

So, if this is the case than what is wrong with my blog? It is chronological; it has archives; it is updated by me, the owner; it has comments or at least option to leave them. The subject of a blog ... it can be anything. This one is my personal and I write what is on my mind. One post maybe interesting and another not necessarily for all. Maybe updates are not every day but still it is a form of a personal publishing. So WHY it is not a BLOG?

What criteria it has to fulfill to become a BLOG?

What is your opinion?

I will ask those questions to BlogCatalog an will post answers here, whatever they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment